L & L Master Butcher’s Beef Brisket Pastrami: Home-Smoked to Perfection06/08/2019
Delicious beef brisket pastrami that is truly home-smoked to perfection takes a little time and effort, but the end result is more than worth following the process. By starting with artisan quality beef brisket with untrimmed fat, you know that you are off to a great start. You will also need kosher salt or top grade natural sea salt, brisket cure, brown sugar, top quality pastrami seasoning plus pickling spices. These zesty spices include chilli flakes, mustard seeds, peppercorns, coriander seeds, cloves, and mace. The last item needed to complete your recipe is beef stock, which is actually optional.
Beef Brisket Pastrami: Home-Smoked to Perfection with Advice from L&L Master Butchers
Major steps and tips for preparing your gourmet beef brisket pastrami include the following:
1. Start your masterful recipe with preparation of your pickling spices, adding in the kosher salt (or sea salt), sugar and curing salt. Mix all seasonings evenly and thoroughly.
2. Combine your spices with four litres of water at room temperature in a large size pot and stir well. Placing this mixture on a gentle heat, continue stirring smoothly until all the sugar and salt have dissolved completely. Then remove your pot from the heat and allow it to cool well.
3. Add the brisket to the pot, submerging it completely. Place an item like a dish or dinner plate that can serve as a weight on top to make sure that the brisket remains submerged in the brine. Then refrigerate this aromatic mixture for four or five days.
4. Remove your pot with the brisket and other combined ingredients from the fridge and rinse the meat thoroughly until the entire excess salt, cure and spices are removed. Coat the brisket well with your pastrami seasoning.
5. Place the pastrami seasoned brisket in a smoker/oven heated to 110 degrees C for three to four hours until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 70 degrees C. Then remove your masterpiece from the smoker/oven and wrap it tightly in foil. If you like, you can add a small amount of beef stock (30 to 50 ml.).
6. Next, return your beef brisket pastrami to the oven/smoker and cook until the meat’s internal temperature reaches 94 degrees C, which will most likely require from three to four more hours.
7. To enjoy your meal hot, leave the brisket wrapped in foil and wrap it in a large towel. Place the towel in a cool place for at least one hour before slicing and serving. If you prefer your pastrami brisket cold, let it cool and then place it in the fridge until cold. You can continue feasting on this delicious delicacy for the next ten days, if you like.
By visiting the experts at L&L Master Butchers in Bentleigh, Victoria, you can obtain superior artisan beef brisket to use when preparing your irresistible gourmet beef brisket pastrami, home-smoked to absolute perfection. Our master butchers serving all of Melbourne and surrounding regions will ensure that you select the ideal specialty beef brisket to make your finished recipe a fabulous, flavourful success.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO