Quality Assurance of All Meat Products, Smallgoods, and Pantry Ingredients
Our objective at L&L Master Butchers is to deliver quality assurance to our customers, so that they can have unwavering confidence in our tender, flavoursome and fresh meat every time they shop. When cooking meals for your loved ones, you deserve a peace of mind that you are using the best product available. We love being able to play a small part in this, and bring people together through good food.
We source all our produce from local farms with the highest ethical standards across Victoria. We stick to grass fed, free range and hormone free livestock, as this is the healthiest option for both the customer and the environment. With over 40 years of combined experience, co-owners Luke and Lee have built relationships with suppliers across Victoria, ensuring that our ethical butchering practices are upheld throughout the entire chain.
We are Melbourne’s Award-Winning Master Butchers!
All our products are made in store by our tireless young team, with Luke and Lee providing guidance and instruction to ensure perfection across our entire range. The meat at L&L arrives in carcass form, and is dry aged in the cool room to enhance flavour and tenderness. Alongside premium cuts of fresh meat are our house smoked smallgoods such as award-winning ham and bacon, as well as oven-ready products including 4 types of pies, pastry pinwheels and lasagne. The knowledge we have acquired from leading professional chefs is priceless, and we are able to use our experience in the food industry to create tasty, homemade products.
A community focus is at the heart of the L&L service. Supplying local schools and sporting clubs with various meats at wholesale prices, as well as employing local, school-aged staff, allows us to put money and experience back into the community of Bentleigh that has given us so much.
L&L Master Butchers are bringing Butchery into the 21st Century. Things have always been done the same, however we are innovating, and doing things a little bit differently. We are the modern meat specialists in Melbourne!
We present to you the L&L Master Butchers’ Online Meat Shop!
Our physical store is located at 452 Centre Road, Bentleigh VIC 3204.
Meet the Team
Originally from Stawell, Luke moved down to Melbourne when he was 18 and soon began his Butchery apprenticeship at Ashwood Meats. Since then, he has developed a keen eye for quality produce, becoming an expert in specialty red meat cuts. His continuous passion for providing his customers with the finest quality products is the driving force of the business, and he thoroughly enjoys passing on his love of meat and food to the young team at L&L.
Born in Ararat, Lee moved to Melbourne with his family at a young age. He began working at Ashwood Meats before and after school as a part-time job, before falling in love with the trade and pursuing an apprenticeship after finishing high-school. Artisan produce is where Lee’s heart lies, and he tirelessly works to bring new and exciting home-made products to the loyal customers at L&L Butchers. His warm and welcoming personality mean he is fast becoming the most popular man on Centre Road!
A country boy at heart, Mark grew up in Albury, NSW. After working in the mines in WA, and trying his hand at a few different trades, Mark moved to the big smoke to pursue a career in Butchery. Currently in the second year of his apprenticeship, Mark is thriving in the fast paced environment of L&L, with his quick wit and country charm never failing to bring a smile to the face of his colleagues and customers.
Our resident chef, ‘Damo’ is always called upon to offer meal advice and recipe ideas. After working as a clean-up kid for a few years, Damon moved straight into a first year apprenticeship from high-school. He is a fast learner, and is blossoming under the tuition of Luke and Lee. Mature beyond his years, Damo is sure to become one of the premiere talents in the Melbourne Butchering scene!
Currently in his 3rd year University degree in Physiotherapy, Connor has fast become an integral part of the L&L team. Connor is an expert in customer service with a quick wit. If you’ve been into L&L no doubt you’ve been won over by Connor’s charm!
Helpful, friendly, always smiling, passionate about their product. Great quality. Great selection ‘From farmer to table’. A local business well worth supporting. You can see it in the way they look after and empower their apprentices.
When I went to L&L, I asked how to bake the best pork. I was not only given step by step advice but also hand written instructions tucked in with my pork! I was so impressed, I’ve raved about it to everyone ever since. Thank you guys. Love the old school service!
L & L Meats are worth shopping in Bentleigh! Exceptional service….. Such great guys! Meat is amazing, the boys can suggest how to cook it, if you need that extra service. Value, you couldn’t beat for quality and service!
Our Farm Sourcing
Situated at the southern end of the Strathbogie Ranges in the Victorian Highlands, Habbies Howe is unique. Fresh spring water, stable climate and the best Australian Angus breeding allows them to present quiet, low stressed, grass fed, healthy cattle. Free of hormone growth promotants ensuring high quality, tender and tasty beef.
We have also partnered with Cape Grim Angus Beef and Rosedale Ruby Red Angus Beef, to provide the best in low and slow beef cuts.
Three Rivers Saltbush lamb based Echuca, and named after the three rivers that give the area such vibrant life, Goulburn, Campaspe and the Murray. The Dohne breed of Lamb that is used not only has excellent wool, but a tender meat that has beautiful, even layering’s of fat that provide a succulent lamb flavour. Fed using the native ‘Old Man Saltbush’, a weed that requires no farming or pesticide, means that no only is this lamb purely organic, it is highly sustainable. This truly is the best lamb in Australia.
Free-range pork that meets the L&L standard of ethical free-range, hormone free farming and tender, superlative taste is very difficult to find. This is why we are so happy to stock the ‘St Bernard’s Free Range Pork’. Based in the Northern Grampians, the standards that this farm sets means that they are the benchmark for animal and farmer welfare in Victoria.
The Bannockburn Farm, based in inner regional Victoria, provide the real taste of free-range, hormone free poultry. Their state of the art farming method, coupled with their ethical processing methods, makes them the leader in Victorian poultry.
AwardsL&L Master Butchers has been awarded two GOLD medals at the 2018 Australian Meat Industry Council's Annual Awards Dinner. We are now home to the best:
- Shortcut Bacon
- Butcher's Beef Burger (Taco and Sweetcorn)
Winning these awards is only possible due to the tireless work of our team, who craft all our homemade smallgoods in store, using traditional recipes and techniques.
L & L Master Butchers
This Refund Policy ("Policy") applies to the following purchases: purchases through www.llbutchers.com.au
(1) CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY
At L & L Master Butchers, customer satisfaction is our priority.
We offer refunds, repairs and replacements in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and on the terms set out in this Policy.
Any benefits set out in this Policy may apply in addition to consumer's rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Please read this Policy before making a purchase, so that you understand your rights as well as what you can expect from us in the event that you are not happy with your purchase.
(2) AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
- Under the Australian Consumer Law:
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
- We offer refunds, repairs, and replacements in accordance with the
Australian Consumer Law.
- The Australian Consumer Law provides a set of Consumer Guarantees which protect consumers when they buy products and services.
- If the Australian Consumer Law applies, then we cannot avoid the Consumer Guarantees which it provides. If there is an inconsistency between this Policy and the Australian Consumer Law, the Australian Consumer Law will
- Further information about the Australian Consumer Law and these Consumer Guarantees is available from the website of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
- If a product or service which you purchased from us has a major failure (as defined in the Australian Consumer Law) then you may be entitled to a replacement or refund. You may also be entitled to compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage resulting from that major failure.
- If a product or service which you purchased from us has a failure which does not amount to a major failure (as defined in the Australian Consumer Law) then you may still be entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced.
(3) CHANGE OF MIND
We do not offer any refund if you simply change your mind, or find the same product or service cheaper elsewhere.
(4) OTHER RETURNS
- In addition, we may offer returns in the following circumstances:
All deliveries are made in licenced refrigerated meat transport vehicles, It is the customers responsibility to unpackage and refrigerate the delivery as soon as it is delivered to avoid any spoilage.
All deliveries become possession of the customer once delivered, if no separate delivery instruction has been received our ‘knock and leave’ policy will mean that you the customer is responsible for the order once delivered.
- In order to be eligible for a return under these circumstances, you must:
L&L Master Butchers take great pride in providing you with a top notch product, however if for any reason you are dissatisfied with any of our products for any reason please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will do our utmost to satisfy your needs.
- Any claims for a return under this clause must be made within the following time from the date you received the product: on the day of delivery
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Policy, we may refuse to provide a repair, replacement or refund for a product or service you purchased if:
- You misused the said product in a way which caused the problem.
- You knew or were made aware of the problem(s) with the product or service before you purchased it.
- You asked for a service to be done in a certain manner, or you asked for alterations to a product, against our advice, or you were unclear about what you wanted.
- Any other exceptions apply under the Australian Consumer
(6) SHIPPING COSTS FOR RETURNS
- In the event that a product you purchased fails to meet one or more Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law we will bear any costs of shipping the said product (the "Returned Product") back to us, as well as any costs of shipping any replacement product to you.
- If the Returned Product can easily be posted or returned, then you are responsible for organising for the Returned Product to be returned to us. If the Returned Product is eligible for a repair, replacement or refund under the terms of this Policy (including under the Australian Consumer Law) then we will reimburse you for the reasonable postage, shipping or transportation costs for the Returned Product.
- If the Returned Product is too large, too heavy, or otherwise too difficult to be removed and returned by you, and is believed to be eligible for a repair, replacement or refund under the terms of this Policy (including under the Australian Consumer Law), then we will organise for the postage, shipping, transportation or collection of the Returned Product, at our cost.
- In the event that we organise and pay for the inspection, postage, shipping, transportation or collection of a Returned Product, and it turns out not to be eligible for a repair, replacement or refund under the terms of this Policy (including under the Australian Consumer Law), then you will be required to pay
the costs of any inspection, postage, shipping, transportation or collection of the Returned Product.
(7) ASSISTANCE FROM MANUFACTURERS
- In some cases, manufacturers may provide assistance in relation to their products, and they may be able to resolve your issue more quickly.
- In some cases, manufacturers may provide warranties for their products, which go beyond the Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law or any other rights which you may have under this Policy.
- You are not obliged to contact the manufacturer directly in order to seek a repair, replacement or refund. However, you may do so if you wish.
(8) RESPONSE TIME
We aim to process any requests for repairs, replacements or refunds within 7 days of having received them.
(9) HOW TO RETURN PRODUCTS
- You may contact us to discuss a return using the details at the end of this
- We will pay any refunds in the same form as the original purchase or to the same account or credit card as was used to make the original purchase, unless otherwise determined in our sole discretion.
- You must provide proof of purchase in order to be eligible for a refund, repair or replacement.
- You may be required to present a government issued identification document in order to be eligible for a refund, repair or replacement.
- You may return products to the following address: 452 Centre Rd Bentleigh Vic 3204
(10) CONTACT US
If you wish to speak to us about this Policy or about any refund, repairs or
replacements, you may contact us at: [email protected]
- DELIVERY POLICY: Please see our Delivery Zones or use our Postcode Checker for serviceable areas and delivery availabilities.
- All deliveries are made in refrigerated and licenced Meat Transport Vechiles
- Orders must be placed by 3pm to be eligible for next business day delivery.
- Deliveries are made between 10am and 3pm.
- Default delivery process during COVID-19 is “knock and leave”. This is to minimise face to face contact. Alternate delivery information must be left in the comments section in the checkout. Eg unit number, door codes for apartment buildings, rear townhouse, ring bell, phone number to call on delivery, knock and leave on door step etc.
- Your delivery address must be in our delivery area to order.
- Please take care when specifying your delivery address as refunds cannot be given if you enter an address incorrectly and your order is delivered to the address specified.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your order has been fulfilled.
- Once the order has been delivered, it is your responsibility to care for your products safely. Unpack and refrigerate immediately.
- The online store inventory is a manually updated and even with our best efforts there may be times when something is unavailable. If something you have ordered is unavailable, a backorder will be created and the item/s will be delivered to you free of any charges as soon as is possible and practical.