- Take steak out of the fridge at least half and hour before cooking, to ensure it is at room temperature
- Rub steak with generous pinches of sea salt and black pepper
- Have your pan at a high heat. Once the pan is hot, drizzle olive oil into the pan. If your pan is hot enough, you should hear the sizzle as the oil hits the pan
- Cook steak on one side, until the moisture begins to rise to the surface.
- Flip the steak, and cook until the moisture rises to the surface again.
- Take the steak off the pan and rest in on a plate for 2-5 mins, to allow the juices to be reabsorbed by the steak
Create a sauce for your steak to cook in by adding a large knob of butter, a pinch of crushed garlic and some thyme leaves into the pan just after the steak has started cooking. You can pour the leftover sauce over the steak and veggies once it is served.