Saltbush Lamb Rack: What Makes This Meat Ideal for Roasting?Blog |February 14th, 2019
Saltbush lamb is from young lambs that graze on the unique Saltbush pastures in the Australian outback, eating the berries and leaves of Saltbush shrubs. Meat from these lambs is said to be especially fresh tasting and flavourful due to the clear, natural, healthy environment in which this plant grows.
This robust, naturally enriched flavour can complement and enhance dynamic blends of spices while retaining its own unique, savoury taste. The juicy flesh of Saltbush berries and the plant leaves have a tart, cranberry-like yet salty and grassy flavour that is attractive to both ranch herds and wild animals, and this distinct flavour influences the table-served deliciousness of roasted Saltbush lamb.
Qualities that Make Saltbush Lamb Rack Ideal for Roasting
Qualities that make Saltbush lamb rack ideal for slow-roasting include the following:
• Naturally Juicy and Tender Meat. – Saltbush lamb is exceptionally tender and juicy with enhanced flavours of its own. Whether you choose square cut shoulders, legs or shoulder racks for preparing your irresistible Saltbush lamb feast, slow and simple roasting will render the very best, outstanding texture and unequaled taste. Especially when you follow the highly recommended recipe for 7-hour roasting, none else will come near to comparing with the true perfection of your fantastic lamb roast.
• Unique, Robust Natural Flavour. – Saltbush lamb is often said to be seasoned on the hoof and offers a unique, fresh and clean taste. Its flavour is an unusual combination of robust tastes and delicate nuances, which is attributed to the animals constantly grazing on Australian Saltbush plants and berries in healthy, natural pastureland of the outback. This unique mixture of outstanding and delicate flavours makes this meat perfect for slow roasting with only a few simple seasonings added. The Saltbush shrub and its berries are high in mineral content and are also known as “cattle spinach” and one of the healthiest and most tasty natural foraging plants in Australia.
• Simple Cooking for Perfection. – Since this special variety of lamb has its own distinctive gourmet flavour, ultra-tender texture and outstanding juiciness, simple, slow roasting is the ideal way to prepare it. By just browning lamb rack in olive oil and then slow-roasting it (preferably, for seven hours), and adding garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, dried lemon myrtle and a cup of dry white wine, you, your household and guests can be assured of enjoying a fabulous lamb feast beyond compare.
When you contact or visit the experts at L&L Master Butchers in Bentleigh, Victoria, you will receive excellent information, cooking advice and cuts of lamb and other meats from highly experienced professionals. Our top-rated butchers cut and sell only premium quality, artisan meats, and one of our specialties is Saltbush lamb.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- L&L Master Butcher’s Streaky Bacon: A Best Fit to Every Australian Breakfast Menu
- L & L MASTER BUTCHERS CELEBRATED IN HUNT FOR BEST AUSSIE BACON
- L & L Master Butcher’s Beef Brisket Pastrami: Home-Smoked to Perfection
- Artisan Cut Wagyu Beef for Steak Lovers in Australia: Available at L&L Master Butchers
- Gluten-free Italian Salsiccia from L & L Butchers: A Perfect Option for Sausage Lovers
- The Best Choice for Chicken Schnitzels in Melbourne: Available at L&L Master Butchers
- Your Ultimate Guide to Different Lamb Cuts from L&L Master Butchers
- Kabana Sausages from L&L Master Butchers: What’s the Secret Behind the Delicious Flavour?
- Best Aussie Recipes that You Can Do for Saltbush Lamb Cutlets
- Standing Beef Rib Roast: A Knockout Dish for Entertaining Guests